So I know it's been forever since I've posted anything recently! Things have just been super busy (go figure!) and it's hard to find a chance to sit down and post!
Emelia continues to be a wonderful addition to our family! She is getting so, so big now and way too smart for her own good!
Her fourth tooth just poked through last night! We are excited because right now, with just one tooth on top, she looks pretty goofy (but cute!)! She handled it pretty good, also, only being fussy a little bit and a little extra clingy last night!
She even took a couple steps totally unsupported today!! It was super exciting! And of course greatly adoreable as she wobbled for two steps before getting to me and hugging me. John and I are so proud!!
Football season is finaly here and Emelia and I love to watch the games together every weekend! She has some cute little Packers outfits from her Aunt, Uncle, Cousins, and Great Grandma! The most precious thing in the world, though, is when I say to her "Emelia, say 'Go Pack Go!'!" If she is in the right mood, she will start to clap her hands (we've been working very hard together on this for some time now!!) HaHa!! I LOVE it! :) She may decide some day down the road to like some other team, and that will suck, but I've always said "Until she can decide for herself, she is a Packers fan!" :)
Daycare continues to go well for both of us. Emelia loves all the kids and activity, and the kids and workers all love her, too! Emelia even had "Bye-bye" waves for everyone today! :) She is usually too busy playing in the morning to waste time waving bye-bye to me, though! Haha!!
We continue the weaning process, which she is handling far better than I thought she would! We only nurse twice a day, once in the morning and once at bedtime. The rest of the day, she gets bottles from me or whoever! She does so good!! It will be nice to be done breastfeeding, but I have to continue to wean slowly or I will have some serious problems!!
Nighttime is going great, too! She hasn't fought going to bed in a very long time! Last night she was even ready to go! I stated something like "I think someone's ready for bed soon, aren't you Emelia?" and she proceeded to crawl to her room. There she was, sitting in the dark room, fussing at me! She then came back out to the living room (when I wasn't coming), "yelled" at me, and crawled back to her room!! I was so surprised!! S-M-A-R-T baby!! She loves her blanket from Grama Pat and really relies on that to help her fall asleep. She snuggles right up in it!
Naps are much better for us, too! It's so nice! When we are home during the day, Emelia will take 3 naps without argument! Sometimes they are 3 hours long! It's amazing! :) Now if we can get her to take naps at daycare!! Haha!! Not my nosey baby!
She loves her food, too! Emelia will eat just about anything we give her! It's getting to the point now where she doesn't even really like the baby food in the jars and would rather have whatever we're having! That's perfectly fine for us, but it's super hard to make sure everything is smal enough or soft enough for her. When it's not and we elect to give her baby food, she really gets frustrated!!
Emelia is learning so many words, too! Last week she started to say "Mum-mum-mum", which of course melts my heart! She still says "dadada" all the time and has started with "bababa" even! It's so fun! She will imitate us when we cough or laugh and she thinks John is just funny (which of course he is!)
And Emelia LOVES to swing and play at the park! It is so fun to watch her explore and have fun being a kid! :) I've often told people it's like living all over again as I show the world to this daughter of mine! I love it! :) Of course Emelia has tumbled and gotten more bumps, bruises, scratches, etc with this new-found mobility that she has perfected! The other night she tipped her stroller over on top of her! She didn't get hurt, thankfully! It did scare John and I! One day at the park she learned about different levels (like steps) when she crawled right off the end of one landing and bonked her head (getting her first goose-egg) as she fell forward onto a landing a bit lower! Oops! Mommy couldn't catch her fast enough, BUT.... she did learn to go backwards from up to down! Too neat!! :)
And that's the update in a nutshell! She is 9 1/2 months old and perfect in every way!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment