Sunday, April 24, 2011

Tid Bits...

Emelia is learning so much these days!  Her newest feat is blowing raspberries with her tongue and lips.  She does it ALL THE TIME!  Some days, her shirts get soaked from all the spit flying out of her mouth!  It's cute, though.  She also has learned how to say the "bah" sound, but she prefers blowing raspberries over anything.  She also squeals a lot, especially when she is playing or having fun. For a while, her favorite thing to do was growl.  There is a baby at daycare that is about 2 months older than Emelia.  This baby growls all the time and Emelia picked up on it.  For about a week all Emelia did was growl!  I thought it was funny, but it creeped John out.  He compared it to the Exorcist movie!  I reassured him Emelia is not possessed!

Emelia has also figured out how to roll onto her belly from her back.  She doesn't do it often, but she will do it occasionally.  It's really funny when she can't figure out how to get back onto her back.  She's never been a big fan of tummy time, so she quickly gets upset when she's stuck! Every now and then, Emelia actually sleeps on her tummy now.  One morning I woke up to find her out like a light on her tummy, which is not how I laid her down for bed the night before!  That same day, she did it at daycare!  Goofy baby!

If she isn't rolling, she scoots.  We will lay her on the floor and minutes later, Emelia is across the living room not even close to where we laid her down!  It won't be long and we'll be having to baby proof this place like crazy!!

She is now sleeping in her pack n'play in our room.  She has outgrown her cradle.  She always had it cocked to one side because she wasn't small enough to lay in the middle anymore.  At first it was hard for her to adjust to the pack n'play and all the new space, but now she is doing great.  I figure after a few months in the pack n'play she will be upgraded to her crib in her room.  I am just not ready to move her yet, I am so paranoid about SIDS!  I wake up frequently at night to listen for her breathing!  She's gotten much better and falling asleep on her own, also.  Most nights when I lay her down she is partially awake and she sleeps great!  Last night, she got all squirmy when she was done eating.  I thought she was having trouble falling asleep, but it turned out, she just wanted to be laid down and she was out!

Eating solids, specifically Rice cereal, is going ok.  She doesn't seem to care for it all that much.  She generally spits most of it out, but I think she's slowly getting the hang of it.  Emelia prefers milk, specifically momma's milk "straight from the tapper", as my husband puts it!  He fed her some banana yesterday.  I wasn't too happy he did that, as we were going to go to vegetables first, but I didn't get mad at him.  He has to have his chance to parent, also!  Apparently, she kind of liked the banana, but wasn't crazy about it.  :)

Daycare continues to go well!  She is always happy when I drop her off and always happy when I pick her up!  She's never been crying once when I picked her up, which is an extremely reassuring sign for me! :)

John continues to watch Emelia while I work my every other weekend mornings.  At first it was kind of rough on all of us, mostly John and I, but now it's going great!  John is to the point where he's looking forward to his weekends with her, and she's adjusting well, eating and sleeping great for him, and happy to have her "days with daddy"!  I think a big part was he needed to feel comfortable and confident that he could properly take care of Emelia on his own.  Once he realized he could, it's been a whole lot better!

I think Emelia has been growing again.  This week she has been a little more irritable and her latch has been terrible, as well as her focus while she's been eating!  She feels heavier and looks longer again, too!

All in all, things are going great.  I have a happy, healthy, beautiful, amazing, perfect 5 month old! (She was 5 months old two days ago!!)  It's a true testament to my parenting skills when people tell me she's "the best baby ever" and "she's so happy and never cries"!  I must've done something right! :)  Motherhood is sure great, albeit challenging at times, but I wouldn't go back if I could! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment