Today we are hunkered down at home... the weather outside is disgusting, snow and cold. Up to 7 inches of snow they are predicting, bleck!! We are so ready for the weather to be more like Spring!
I can't wait to take Emelia outside! She will be so enraptured by the different sights, smells, sounds! As much as she takes the world in now, imagine her awe at the new world brought to us every year during Spring! And fresh air will be so nice, especially air that doesn't take your breath away from being so darn cold!!
For Christmas, John bought Emelia a Radio Flyer wagon. He insisted that's what he had to get her for a gift so he can take her all over our property and "teach her things." :) I thought that was so sweet! He already has it all planned out: he is going to put her in her car seat then strap the car seat in the wagon and away they will go! I love it.
She is able to hold her head up relatively steady now. She still does the "bobble head" now and then, mostly when she's tired or gets over excited or wiggly! She is getting better and holding her upper body up when we are in sitting positions, but she is not able to do it on her own yet. She can roll from her back to her side and from her tummy to her back (if she tries hard enough). It is amazing watching her grow and learn!
My favorite is when she smiles and "talks" to me. It melts my heart! :) She is soooo close to laughing, too, I can't wait until that comes! She tries very hard, and every now and then gets out a squeak, but it won't be long!
She has also rubbed the hair off the back of her head! She is constantly looking around and checking things out! Every time I see her little bald spot, I chuckle!
I can't wait to see what is in store over the next couple weeks! She changes so much, it's sometimes impossible to keep up!
Oh how I love this little girl!! :)
Tummy time on her Boppy pillow!

No comments:
Post a Comment