I've noticed a funky rash here and there on Emelia... It's really weird and I have a feeling it has something to do with the dryness in our house. We have the humidifier going, but this time of year it's hard to keep things moist. I will keep applying lotion for now in hopes it will subside and if not, it will be off to the doctor!
Today we read through a book I have about birds. It's a really neat book with large pictures of different types of North American birds and there are sounds with each bird of their different calls. I enjoy bird watching in nice weather and Emelia really seemed to enjoy the book. Just another thing to look forward to her experiencing this year in Spring, Summer, and early Fall!
When I sit and think about all the different things I will get to show my daughter, teach her, let her experience I get so excited! Even though I will have to work, it will still be so rewarding. John is equally excited! He's already called dibs on showing her the various animals on our little property, the tractors and machinery, and our small pond stocked with trout. We talk late at night in bed while she is breast feeding herself to sleep about how we can't wait to go to the park, fishing, swimming, have campfires, parades! It will be so much fun! And the whole time Emelia will just be learning and soaking up the wonders of her brand new world.
It is amazing to think how wonderful bringing life into this world is! Sure there are going to be difficult times, like illness, temper tantrums, many sleepless nights (which I have already gotten a fair share of), but it is so worth it to see how she is growing and changing day by day. Even today she's been so goofy and funny... When she's not eating, thinking about eating, crying to eat! :)
Well, nothing else exciting today! Maybe later I will recap some of the milestones with Emelia, like the first smile, coo, etc. We shall see how motivated I get! :)
(To celebrate the Packers safely landing in Dallas for the Super Bowl, below is a picture of Emelia all decked out and ready to cheer on a victory!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment