Emelia is 9 months old today! I can't believe it! It has been a great 9 months and I look forward to many, many more (of course)! It just seems like it was yesterday she was coming into this world and now she is going to be a year old in three short months! CRAZY!!
We have all been doing great. Emelia got over her ear infection just fine! She bounced back the very next day, and although she was on medicine for 10 days, she was her normal, happy self a day after her first dose!! I am glad, it really sucked to see her feeling so cruddy!
Emelia can now push toys and chairs and other random objects all over the place now, walking behind them! We just got her a new toy yesterday that is like a walker, but she stands behind it and pushes it. As far as her actual walker goes, she hates being IN it. Climbing around the outside, SURE! Pushing it through the house, SURE! Sitting in it, NO WAY! :)
She is a pro at pulling up on furniture, doors, people, etc. She can even creep along the various objects she uses to stand up with! She hasn't taken any daredevil steps from me to dad, or dad to me, etc, but I don't think it'll be too far in the future for that! :) It's amazing how fast she's learning! She will climb onto things, too! If I'm laying on the floor, or even John for that matter, she will often climb onto and/or over us all the time!! It's nuts!!
Of course with this new found mobility she has bumped and banged and scratched herself. She handles it like a tough girl, with little to no crying!
Saturday her 3rd tooth cut through! It's her top middle right tooth! It'll be so damn cute when it comes in! I can't wait to see that goofy little grin! It was weird, though! One day there was no tooth, not even a white area, and the next day, there it was! :)
Naptimes and bedtimes are going great! She is getting so good at laying down awake and just drifting off to sleep. Sometimes she needs her aquarium on, but even that is happening less and less. It is nice!
Vocally, she is a chatter box and her favorite noise to make is "Da da"! Of course, John thinks it's really her talking to him and his ego has soared! I let him have his moment! She doesn't do many things for him so what's it going to hurt? Do I wish she said "Ma ma"? Definitely, but I know that'll come in time!!
Things are just great and fun and going too fast! Tomorrow is Emelia's 9 month check up, I hope all is well. I look at her and see a healthy little girl who has a huge appetite and seems to developmentally be hitting every mark out there! Even still, I worry they will tell me something isn't right. I'm a mom, I can't help but worry! At least this doctor's visit will go better than the last, when she was so sick with her ear infection! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment