Since it's been a while since I last posted, I figured a little update was in order!
Emelia is one boot-scootin' baby! She can get ALL over the place now, and FAST! She pulls herself up to standing on just about anything. The couch, TV stand, kitchen chairs, and patio door! It's CRAZY! She will push her walker around the house taking steps and keeping her balance the whole time. It's amazing how quickly she's picked up how to do all these things. I don't think it'll be much longer until she's walking!!
I have baby proofed the whole house, also. Socket covers, cupboard locks, and most importantly, keeping the floors clean as well as the rest of the house. She finds just about every little thing possible and it immediately goes into the mouth!! It's hilarious, but highly frustrating, too!
Vocally, her vocabulary is starting to expand. She says "da-da" all the time and over and over and over! She also says "Rar, rar, rar" and even an occasional "momma"! Her sounds are expanding every day and she even surprises herself sometimes with the noises she makes!
She is getting super good at grabbing things with just her first and thumb fingers. She often prefers to feed herself snacky foods versus get fed baby food! And her appetite for food really has taken off, too, although not as recently because of her being sick. I have to buy the stuff by the case! We've tried blending up the food we make and eat, but for some reason, Emelia doesn't really care for it and usually throws a holy scream fest if we persist! She's a little turd sometimes!
One of the most entertaining things to watch is her personality and understanding. When we ask her a question, she will actually answer it. Not with words of course, but she obviously understands that it's a question. She also is learning to control her facial expressions well and really enjoys using them!
And she totally, 100% gets the meaning of the word.... N-O! And she's also mastering throwing a fit when she's told N-O! I think it's kind of cute, really, and I love how it just switches on for about 30 seconds and then BAM! No more fit, "I'm over it" kind of thing...
All in all, Emelia is doing great! Her 9-month doctor's check up is in two weeks! I can't wait to see how she is growing compared to others. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment