Monday, August 22, 2011

Weaning...

The process of weaning has begun for Emelia and I.  I am slowly working on getting her to just bottles.  So far things have been going well!  She is taking it in stride just like everything else!  I think when I change things like this, or the sleeping in her crib, etc. I become more nervous and worried than she does!

I no longer am pumping anywhere.  First I cut out the work pumping session, then a week or so later, the morning one.  It is such a feeling of FREEDOM!  It's amazing how tethered down I felt!  It is sad to not be saving and storing anymore milk up, but we have SO MUCH in the freezer, I am pretty sure it'll be just fine!

Emelia drinks bottles from me, too!  I can't believe it, she never even fought or fussed about it once!  It's really nice, too, because now John can feed her more!

I still nurse her first thing in the mornings, then once or twice in the evenings.  Any other time of day I feed her bottles and solids.  She enjoys eating the solids!!  We have a little piggy!! :)

So soon my goal is to be completely done with nursing altogether and just do bottles.  She really doesn't drink that many in a day anyway, so I think it will all be just fine!!

Yay for Weaning! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment