Things have been better this week compared to the long and stressful week we had last week! She has not been nearly as ornry and fussy and she has been back to her regular sleeping habits. We have kept busy with shopping and visiting my family when we don't work or have daycare. It's been nice! I love it when I have the happy baby and not the crabby one!
She is currently trying to learn how to crawl! She can get up on her knees but hasn't yet figured out how to coordinate that with getting up on her hands! Emelia pushes herself backwards a lot, which she's proud of, until she is stuck in a corner somewhere and can't get out! Yesterday she ALMOST was crawling, and she actually got herself to move forwards! It won't be long. Today I bought some electrical outlet plugs since she's "on the move"!
Her vocabulary is taking off as well! No words yet, of course, although I'd SWEAR when she's mad and wants me there's a couple of "Ma's!!" that come out! She has learned that she can make all sorts of different noises with her lips and her vocal cords. One of the funniest things she does is what John and I call "The reverse laugh". She will laugh while inhaling and make just the goofiest noise ever! It's hilarious, and so much fun! :)
She eats like a pro now, also! It's getting to where she depends on three different "meals" of solids a day to curb her hunger! We tried french toast this morning and it didn't go over too well. I think she was over tired, for one, but for another I couldn't get it to grind up very smooth and she didn't care for the chunks. One of her favorite things to eat right now are Gerber Yogurt Melts! Emelia LOVES them and will shove one after another in her mouth the second I put them on her tray! I tried one myself and they were rather tasty. :)
And that's yet another update on Emelia and how fast and fun she is growing every day! We are coming up on the Fourth of July this weekend. John, Emelia and I are going to try and have a camp fire as well as do some little fireworks. I don't think we're going to any BIG fireworks shows; we think that's too scary for her right now and we want her to enjoy it, not be terrified! Summer is going by fast, but we're having so much fun! :)
![]() |
| Smiling, happy, and showing off her pretty sundress! |
![]() |
| Sticking out her tongue! |


No comments:
Post a Comment