Emelia and I had to go to the doctor yesterday after work and daycare. I had a feeling she had thrush. And I was right.
Thursday I had started noticing that her tongue was a little whiter than usual and then I noticed that there was getting to be a "fuzzy" appearance to the whiteness. I have seen thrush in residents at the nursing home I work at so I figured it was happening to Emelia.
Of course, she was up yesterday morning at 2:30am and would NOT go back to sleep. Not surprisingly she slept very little at daycare. They even said she was a little more ornry than she normally is. I told them it was probably because she hardly slept! So needless to say I was tired and it was a long drive to the doctor's (which is 45 minutes from where I work!)
Sure enough, the doctor was able to look into her mouth and see not only the white on the tongue, but also some white patches in her cheeks. I wasn't able to look there, she never cooperated. So then we had to pick up her prescription.
Thankfully it hasn't gotten too bad yet and hopefully we caught it soon enough to prevent that. After a day of her getting her medicine (which is a nasty liquid she has to get FOUR times a day) I am going to sterilize ALL her toys, which will be quite an undertaking!
She hasn't been eating solids as well for me as she had been in the past and this thrush might have something to do with it. She did enjoy her blueberry pancakes this morning, though! I think her favorite food has to be pancakes at this point!
She is still just as cute as ever. She is jumping in her bouncer right now with a big smile on her face! She's loving it! Wouldn't life be nice if it could be like it is for babies? Main concerns for the day are having fun, eating, sleeping, cuddling, and messing the diaper! :) Maybe I could go without the diaper part, but the rest would be great! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment