Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Waving!

Well, thrush treatment is continuing for both Emelia and myself.  I am not too terribly impressed with the doctor we saw last Friday.  I asked him repeatedly if I should be treated for thrush too, since baby's mouth comes into direct contact with me.  He was adamant that it wasn't necessary.  A couple days later and it was apparent I had thrush, also!  I was so irritated with this doctor!  After numerous phone calls I finally was able to get a prescription called into the pharmacy rather than go down for an appointment.  It took talking to my former midwife's nurse before someone was willing... she says "Oh, no problem, we do that all the time for moms!"  PHEW!  I didn't want to have to go back to the doctor just to get a prescription when I KNEW what I needed.  Funny enough, the lactation consultant was shocked that the first doctor didn't start me on something right away.

BUT, we are on the mend!  I can't wait until this goes away!  Yesterday was particularly painful when I had two clogged ducts as well. (not a great day at all)

However, today is going better by a long shot!  Emelia is happy as can be and currently napping!!  Which she always needs to stay happy!  She had to go to daycare today for a couple hours while I had a nurse's meeting at work and I think she enjoyed playing for that short while.

The newest feat Emelia has mastered includes waving!  She understands to wave both "Hi" and "Bye"!  The other day she waved me off to work like crazy and yesterday she waved "bye" to daddy on his way out the door to work and it melted his heart (and made me feel pretty good, too)!  It's a great feeling to see my baby girl learning and she is so proud, also!! :)

Finally, Emelia is practically crawling now, too, and it's pretty darn cute!!  She is doing this thing... it's like a cross between an army crawl and regular crawl.  She can go from one side of the room to the other in a matter of minutes.  She is pretty impressed with herself, too, I love it.  Even daycare has noticed her new-found mode of transportation!  After we got home today I went out to the kitchen to get something quick; when I came back to the living room she had herself to the wood floor of the dining/kitchen area and was on her way out to find me!  She thought it was hilarious when I asked her "What are you doing?" :)

I think she is working on teething again as she seems to have picked up in chewing on things more the last few days.  I wonder if the top two front teeth are almost ready to make their grand appearance!

But, that's all for today! We might be zipping to town to visit her Great Aunt Suzie and Great Uncle Pete!  It's been forever since we've seen them!
Waving "Hi!" to me this morning!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment