Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day One

So, yesterday was the date I had set to move Emelia into her own room.  She's been taking naps in her room, which has been going okay.  I think I was more anxious about it than anything.

She did well!  I moved the lamp in there so while I fed her before bed it was dim lighting as it was always before.  She fell asleep eating, as usual, and then woke up as I laid her down, also as usual.  She started to cry and fuss a little, which she has been doing regularly in her crib during naps.  I just rubbed her back and put her little aquarium thing on.  I kissed her good night and told her I love her and I walked out.  In our room, that's all it usually took to get her to sleep... last night, it was a different story.  She cried! :(  I felt so bad, as usual!  I told myself I'd only let her cry for 10 minutes before getting her and calming her down to try again.  By the time the 10 minutes was up, she was gently babbling to herself as she was falling asleep!  I was so happy!

THEN, we had a batch of storms coming through and they were going to be getting to us around 20 minutes after she fell asleep!  I was so worried they would wake her and she'd be scared.  But, Emelia did great, didn't even wake up from the lightning or thunder!

She did stir awake for a couple minutes.  Somehow she turned her aquarium thing on (she either bumped it with her head or actually pushed the button with her hand) and I think that helped her soothe herself back to sleep.

This morning, she woke up around 5:30am.  I laid in bed listening to her over the baby monitor talking to herself and clapping.  She and I both dozed back off and slept until 8!!  That's the latest I've ever gotten to sleep in since she was born!

So, it went well for our first night of having her in her room!  I was happy to be able to hear her breathing loud and clear over the monitor and she seemed very comfy in her crib.  I am so glad it went well.  I am not getting my hopes up TOO high yet, tonight could be a different story, but the first night it always the hardest!  Just like our first night home after she was born; our first night in her cradle (since we co-slept at the very beginning); then her first night in the pack n play!  All milestones we are reaching and bounding over with grace!  :)
  
Emelia sleeping in her crib for a nap.  The blanket was made just for her by her Grandma Pat!

No comments:

Post a Comment