Friday, February 11, 2011

Daycare Continues!

Today, Emelia is at daycare again, for a full 8 hours!  This is my last Friday before going back to work, which my first day back is next Monday, the 14th... Happy Valentine's Day to us, right?

So far, daycare has been going rather well.  She doesn't really fuss much there, takes naps, and she is still drinking the bottle, thank God!  It is challenging for me, though, because I have no idea how much milk to send with her!  The first longish day she was there for 5 hours and she only drank two bottles.  The second day she was there, she was little Miss Piggy and drank 3 bottles.... she had 4 ounces at 1:00pm and then another 4 ounces at 2:00pm!!  I sent nearly 30 ounces with today, some of it frozen, so hopefully that will get her through the day.  I imagine they would call me if they ran out.

I am thinking that today is probably going to be a little rough.  Yesterday, we went to visit with my mom and her co-workers then after that we went to visit my work to see the residents and co-workers.  Emelia would not let anyone hold her more than a minute or two and she would start crying and wanting me.  As soon as she was in my arms, she was perfectly content and smiling at everyone!  When I dropped her off at daycare this morning, she started to do that with the worker who was holding her, so I kissed my baby's forehead and told her I loved her before I left.  I hope she is doing ok.

I am just so super relieved that she is taking bottles there, I hope it continues.  I was told the other day she was "chugging" the bottles, so that's got to be good, right!? :)

Here's hoping it was a good day... and oh I hope I have a good day at work on Monday!! :)  I think I'd rather be going to Daycare!  Maybe Emelia wants to go do my work for me! Lol!

2 comments: