Monday, February 14, 2011

Working Again!

Today was my first day back to work since November 21st, which was my last day I worked.  Emelia was born November 22nd!  My life has changed a LOT since then, but I wouldn't trade it in for the world!!

Work went very well!  Better than I expected.  It didn't take me long to get back in the swing of it and get everything done!  The majority of the early morning is spent passing medication to the nearly 40 residents under my care.  I was surprised at how quickly I fell easily back into my old routines.  It was nice.  I enjoyed being at work, thinking with my brain again, interacting with my residents, seeing my coworkers.  It was a great day and it went FAST!!  I was super busy, which was ok with me, I was getting bored with the same home routine day to day and with the weather being so cruddy... well, I was stir crazy!

And Emelia had a great day at daycare today!  She and her "friends" (what daddy and I call the other daycare kids) had a Valentine's Day party and they made cute little Valentines!  They cut hearts out of construction paper then put the kids' footprints on them... sooo adorable, I hung Emelia's on the fridge right away!  She was all smiles for me when I got there to pick her up, it was great!  Everyone loves her at daycare... it's hard not to love that little girl!  She continues to do well with the bottle, too, which is such a huge relief!  I did feel a twinge of guilt this morning when I dropped her off... mostly because she was fast asleep in her carrier and I didn't want to wake her because the other kids were all sleeping (this is at 5:30am!) so all morning I fretted about what Emelia had to be thinking when she suddenly woke up and mommy wasn't there... :(  I didn't let it get to me, though, and she did just fine.  Hard not to think that way, though!!

The crappiest part right now is having to pump breast milk at work.  It is time consuming and a pain in the butt!!  I was able to successfully pump, but first I have to get out the pump, hook it all up, calm myself enough to relax so my milk lets down.... then I have to sit there and wait while the pump does it's thing while a thousand thoughts go through my head, especially of all the things I have yet to get done!  My first pumping session took nearly 1/2 an hour!  The second one, which I probably cut short, took 20 minutes!  That's so long to wait!  The second time, I probably could've gone longer, but  I was totally running out of time!!

However, it is worth it to me to provide the essential nutrition to my daughter... and it saves us money!  And she likes to breast feed, so it's all worth it for sure!!  It won't be long and she'll be eating regular food and I will get to a point where I will miss the breast feeding!

SO, long story short, today was a great day!  I feel good about myself, and I feel good about the daycare I chose, I am very happy with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment