Monday, February 14, 2011

Perspectives

Today while I was at work, one of my co-workers came to visit us.  She just recently had a baby 3 weeks ago! I was super excited to see her!  Throughout our pregnancies, she kept asking me questions like "when did you feel your baby move?  What did it feel like?" and so on.  It was very fun bonding together and sharing our experiences!

Seeing her little princess really helped me realize just how much Emelia has grown as well as how fast this is all going already!  I mean, it's been 12 weeks!  That baby today was so small, and light, and "breakable" compared to Emelia, it just really put things in perspective.  I could barely remember Emelia being so little and fragile.... the newborn stage was filled with a lot of tears from both of us as well as many restless nights and days.  I'm glad I took a lot of pictures to remember her first few weeks as Emelia!

It helped me realize that even on a bad, crabby, cry fest of a night, I need to cherish every moment with my daughter, because some day, she'll be grown up wanting to go out on her own and be her very own individual.  For now, I need to seize this moment and remember it all forever!  Life is precious!

On a side note, this little 3 week old baby will be starting at the same daycare that Emelia goes to!  I am so excited!  I hope they are both there for some time and become friends since they are so close in age.  This little baby lives in a different town than Emelia, but that doesn't always matter!  I was also excited for my co-worker because I love the daycare so much, I hope she has a good experience as well!!

I have come to realize that my life, my every being, my very reason for doing everything I do is for my little lady... Emelia.  I love her so much and want the best out of life for her!  I sure love this feeling! I sure love being a mom!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment