Thursday, February 3, 2011

Little Laughs..

This is probably my last post today, but I wanted to add it so I don't forget it later on!

A little background first: Emelia has pretty much mastered smiling, is near mastering coo'ing, and her head control is incredible.  She is now onto figuring out her hands and mouth and learning how to laugh.

Three days ago, she was laying in the pack n play and John leaned over and was talking to her and being goofy... I was doing dishes and couldn't hear exactly what was being said. Suddenly he comes into the kitchen and says "Honey!  She just laughed at me!"  Of course I didn't want to believe him because I wanted her first laugh to be at ME, but I kept that to myself, smiled, and said "Wow, that's great hon!" He was so proud!  I didn't hear it, though, and I was bummed!

Yesterday, we did some errands and when we got home, Emelia needed a diaper change.  Diaper changes are her favorite... she loves to talk and smile at me, well, whoever is changing her diaper really.  I enjoy these times together.  Yesterday during this particular diaper change, Emelia and I were being goofy and I started laughing and all of a sudden she giggled a little, snorted and then quick looked at me like, "Did I just do that?" And then for the next ten minutes she kept trying to laugh... she was making this "aaaahhhh" sound real loud over and over but she just couldn't get the giggle noise to accompany her voice.  She was smiling the whole time and I was laughing with her, too, because it was so damn ADORABLE!!!  It was so funny, and so neat to watch her trying to do something so hard :) (that DIDN'T involve pooping! :)).

And so the elusive laugh remains just out of Emelia's reach, but she'll have it down soon, in the next few weeks for sure... especially once she starts hearing the other kids at daycare laughing, too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment