I decided to add this to the blog so someday Emelia can read about this and get a good laugh.
Yesterday when we got home from work/daycare, we hadn't been in the house 10 minutes when John comes up to the patio door saying in a panicked voice "Honey! I need you!" I turned around and looked at him and I see bood running down his right arm. He comes in and I tell him to run it under cold water. I put Emelia down and went to take a peek. There was so much blood, dried and fresh, I couldn't tell what was going on. Eventually I was able to see John had cut his hand near the pointer finger where the finger meets the palm. Here's how it happened:
John was planting sweet corn with a small planter and his lawn mower. The arm of the planter had apparentlhy gotten slightly caught up in the barbed wire fence and John was attempting to get it freed. He was pulling on the planter arm with his left hand and didn't realize his right hand was holding onto the fence. When the plater arm finally got free it pulled on the fence therefore pulling the fence through a small part of his right hand.
I immediately thought he better go in and have stitches. At the time I looked at it, it looked fairly deep and meaty and there was a lot of blood. The cut itself is maybe 2 inches long. But then it started to clot and I thought, 'hmmm, maybe it's not as deep as I thought.' I still wanted him to go in.
We got to the clinic, who was great enough to squeeze us in and save us an ER trip to La Crosse, and the doctor finally came in and said he was gonig to stitch it. While we were waiting for the nurse to clean it off, John was talking to her and telling her about what happened. I come to find out that he didn't come into the house right away after it happened!!! He continued to plant the stupid corn with his hand gushing blood all over the lawn mower and him! No WONDER it had started to clot! It had been bleeding a while already! That STINKER of a husband!!
So in the end, John ended up with 4 stitches and no work for four days. Of course he's being a "man" about it and milking out this injury for all it's worth. He wanted me to put his socks on for him today!! Typical!
The neat part is that since I'm a nurse, I get to take the stitches out myself! I am super excited. I've done it before, but not THAT often, and those are the kinds of things that are the most fun!
And that was our day. We didn't get home until 7pm and we were all so tired! Emelia had only slept 3 hours all day since she had woken up at 4am! We went to bed early, to say the least!
No comments:
Post a Comment