Sunday, June 12, 2011

Picnic in the Park

Today John, Emelia, and I had our first family picnic in the park!  We went to a local state park along the Mississippi River.  It was a beautiful day!  John and I cooked hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill and Emelia had turkey and squash baby food (which are her two favorites!).  We went by the water and watched everything, including a group of canoes, going by.  Emelia also got to see fishing boats coming in or going out.  Some people even had their dogs with, which she loved!  There were other kids around, as well, and Emelia was just excited as ever!  After we got done eating and had everything cleaned up and put back in the car, we went for a short walk through the woods on one of the trails.  It was really neat and really fun!  The best part of the WHOLE day was the fact that it was all John's idea, so it was a very special outing for all of us! :)  Here are a couple pictures from the fun-filled day!

Emelia and I


Emelia and her Daddy having FUN!!
Today was definitely one of the days I will never forget as a first time mommy!  It's so fun taking Emelia out like this and showing her the world and all it has to offer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment