Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pancake!

Today Emelia had a pancake for breakfast with John and I.  I made a small one for her, blended it up with a sliver of butter and sugar free syrup.  I think she liked it for the most part.  Of course I couldn't get ALL the "chunks" blended out and I think that's what she wasn't too keen on.  Emelia spit out about half of every bite, but we eventually were able to get her to eat the whole thing.  I'm glad she seemed to like it enough to eat it!

Of course, after she played some she was ready for some warm momma's milk and a nice nap, which is what she's doing now.  We are working on transitioning her to her crib now and today is "Phase 1".... naps will be in the crib.  My goal date for her being in her crib all the time is July 1st.  We shall see how this works out.  It's nice today because it's really rainy here so it's dark and gloomy... perfect sleeping weather.  She is in her crib now, I closed the blinds and fed her with the light off.  She still hasn't moved from the spot I laid her down! :)  I'm hoping she switches over ok.  Her sleeping habits have never been that bad, except she's never been a big napper.  When she was a newborn, she slept fairly decent through the night, waking only three times to eat.  BUT, I co-slept with her for the first month and a half.  She would NOT sleep in her cradle!  Then we discovered the swaddle, which she had hated at first, and it went a LOT better then.  She only would wake up once in the night to eat!  By two months, she was sleeping through the night regularly! :)


And so starts "Phase 1"!  All cuddled in with her special blanket from Grama Pat!

So HOPEFULLY she does ok in her crib.  It's got to be more comfortable than her pack n' play!  I decided to use the pack n' play between cradle and crib because I wanted her to get used to the open-ness of the bed.  I think that was hard for her at first after being all snuggled into her cradle.  Around the time we moved to the pack n' play, we also ditched the swaddle.  She tosses and turns a lot in her sleep now (which both John and I do) and eventually ends up on her tummy with her butt up in the air! :)

Lastly to share, Emelia's second tooth popped through yesterday!  She now is working on getting the two bottom middle teeth to come in the rest of the way!  She is going to have the cutest smile when she has a couple teeth!  She is so precious and handling teething rather well considering!  I'm proud of my little girl!

Another shopping trip is planned this afternoon, since the weather is yucky!  We are getting my brother Quinton to come along!  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment