Saturday, June 18, 2011

Swimming


Today Emelia and I went swimming at a pool for her very first time!  It was her cousin Isabella's second birthday party!  We had so much fun!  At first, Emelia didn't know what to think!  The first thing we experienced was the strong chlorine smell (we were at an indoor pool).  Then there were kids everywhere and water all over!  Emelia's eyes were so BIG!  We went in the kiddie pool first, which was warmer water, and she was ok with that.  First we stood in the water, then she sat in it and watched some of the other kids go down the slide.  After that, we went in the bigger pool, which had even cooler water yet!  I wasn't sure how Emelia would do!  She seemed to start to freak out a little bit, and cling to me as tight as possible, but after she got used to the water temperature, she enjoyed it!  I bounced her and splashed with her and "swished" her through the water.  She did NOT like getting water splashed on her face, but I don't blame her one bit!  At one point, she found a toy shaped like a squid and she loved that.  She kept hanging onto it for the longest time!

After we swam for a long time, it was time to eat, so we sat outside.  Emelia got to have turkey and peaches while the rest of us enjoyed sandwiches, fruit, salads, and cupcakes!

All in all, we had a great day!  I was so happy Emelia didn't get scared out of her mind at the pool!  I am even more excited for the rest of the summer now! :)

Here are a couple pictures from the day!
Swimming with Mommy!  See the bright orange?  That's the squid toy!
After a full day and a full belly, Emelia fell asleep in her stroller watching the other kids!  So cute! :)

It was a wonderful day and as always, I LOVE showing Emelia so many new and exciting things!  She just soaks it all up!  Tomorrow we are going to go to another birthday party for one of her daycare friends!  Grandma Carol is meeting me at work with Emelia, which is perfect, because her friend lives in the same town I work in!  I'm excited!

Tomorrow is also John's first Father's Day!  Emelia and I both got him a card and Emelia got him a gift certificate to Gander Mountain and a special book about daddys for her and John to share together.  I am excited for him to spend the morning with Emelia.  Grandma Carol isn't coming until noon or so!

So now that's it is way late and I have to work in the morning, I'm signing off of here for some much needed sleep!!  Wish I could sleep in the car like Emelia gets to! Hee hee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment