Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer Has Arrived

Today Emelia got to wear her swim suit and play in a pool!!
   
First time swimming!!
We filled the pool with warm water for her first time swimming.  She loved it and really enjoyed being outside.  She sat up on her own the whole time!  And when she figured out how to splash, John and I both got a little bit of a bath!! :)

While Emelia enjoyed splashing and chasing her floating ducks around her pool, John and I enjoyed ourselves spraying the dogs and cat with water!  And of course playing in the water with Emelia, also!!

The smile on her face was a nice change for me!  Earlier in the day, we went shopping, and man oh man was Emelia CRABBY!  I was about pulling my hair out!  Thankfully she's taking a much needed NAP now, because holy smokes!

Saturday we are going swimming at a pool park!  It's Emelia's 2nd cousins 2nd birthday party!  I was supposed to work that day but thankfully got the day off!  I am so super excited to take Emelia swimming!  I hope she enjoys it as much as I think she will!  If nothing else, she will enjoy watching all the other kids running around!  My mom is coming, too, so she can always watch the baby a little for me so I can go down some of the water slides with my brother.

Summer has arrived and there are so many fun things to do!  I can't wait to share them all with Emelia!  I was thinking the other day that it will be sad to get through all of these "firsts"..... but then I thought that next year will all be a new set of firsts because she will be able to walk and run and maybe even sputter a few words!  I look forward to every single day to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment